RULES & REQUIREMENTS
* VIDEO SUBMISSIONS will be accepted again this year. Registration fee for video submission is $35 per act. All video submissions must be registered, submitted and paid no later than October 1, 2021. Videos can be submitted in mp4 format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
VIDEOS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 1, 2021.
*** Please note that video performances do not qualify for the Top Five Overall Prizes***
* Live Performance time slots will be issued on a first come, first served basis, until each time slot is filled. Please register early to assure a better selection of performance times.
· This event is for youth from age of 3 to high school senior. Solo, Duet, Trio, Quartet and Small Groups no larger than fifteen contestants. No bands. Registration fee is $25.00 for advance registrations, $35 after September 24, with all proceeds going to Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Louisiana.
· Each Contestant will be given a Contestant number when signing up to perform. You are responsible to be there for your performance slot when your number is called by the hosting Emcee. If you are not present when your number is called, you will forfeit your performance and your act fee will become a kind donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Louisiana.
· Each Contestant is required to have a Release Form and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19 signed by a parent or guardian prior to being allowed to perform. This needs to be turned in at registration with your Registration Form.
· The three main categories will be Vocal, Dance, and General Variety. All equipment used by Instrumentalists, Jugglers, Batons, Ventriloquists, etc. will have to be carried on/off stage with no set up time involved.
· We will have (6) cordless Mic’s for the performance venue. No headsets will be available.
· Mp3 is the preferred format for background instrumental tracks. If you cannot provide mp3 then all tracks must be on a CD with only one (1) track, the performance track, on the one CD. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN ONE TRACK PER CD FOR PERFORMANCE. CD must be clearly marked with performer’s name and song title.
· Tracks must be instrumental with back-up vocalist voices only. NO MAIN VOCALS for vocalist contestants.
· All performance acts must be in good taste and free of lyrics in reference to drugs, sex, profanity and/or alcohol.
· Each contestant will have UP TO 3 minutes 15 seconds for their performance, or less, depending on the judges!!! Once the judges have scored the contestant, they will have the option to move on to the next contestant. (example: If a contestant is only given 45 seconds to perform, this does not mean the performance was not good, it could mean the performance was excellent and the judges have already scored the contestant. You could become an overall winner with only 45 seconds of performance time! NO ACT WILL GO BEYOND THE 3 MINUTE 15 SECOND PERFORMANCE RULING. The act will be faded off the Mic at 3 minutes 15 seconds, if you are allowed this much time.
· All contestants will be judged on a 50 point Maximum Scoring Program specifically designed for the Crescent City Talent Showcase. Judging will be by age groups (3-9, 10-13, 14-18), in each of the three main categories . All scoring results will be FINAL.
· The organizers reserve the right to close registration once the maximum number of acts is reached.
· ALL PERFORMERS MUST BE REGISTERED AND CHECKED IN NO LATER THAN 30 minutes prior to their scheduled performance time.
* All attendees must wear a mask while in the building except when singing.
* Performers will be limited to a maximum of two guests during their performance.
* MP3 sound tracks must be uploaded on the Submit Music page
Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even possibly in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death.
Ronald McDonald House Charities ® of South Louisiana, the Optimist Club of the Westbank, Louisiana Kids and Children's Hospital New Orleans cannot prevent you or your child(ren) from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending or participating in the Crescent City Talent Showcase. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to attend or participate in the Crescent City Talent Showcase you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself and/or my children in order to attend or participate in the Crescent City Talent Showcase. I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to attend or participate in the Crescent City Talent Showcase.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/LIABILITY: I hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against Ronald McDonald House Charities® of South Louisiana, the Optimist Club of the Westbank, Louisiana Kids and Children’s Hospital New Orleans and their owners, officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, or other representatives in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to attending or participating in the Crescent City Talent Showcase. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.
CHOICE OF LAW: I understand and agree that the law of the State of Louisiana will apply to this contract.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE, AND FREELY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUME THE RISK AND WAIVE MY RIGHTS CONCERNING LIABILITY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
PERFORMER RELEASE FORM
I hereby grant to Crescent City Talent Showcase and its licensees, successors and assigns (“Producer”), all rights of every kind in perpetuity to photograph my image using film and/or video or audio tape, and to own, use and edit in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, my performance, image, character(s), portrayal(s), likeness or appearance; my name, voice, or biography; music, sound effects, dialogue or other material created by me and the results and proceeds thereof (the “performance”) in and in connection with the production, distribution, licensing, advertising, sales, publicizing, and other exploitation of the event currently titled “Crescent City Talent Showcase” in which the same may be used or incorporated at Producer's sole discretion. I understand that Crescent City Talent Showcase is a nonprofit production and that all profits from the event will be donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Louisiana. I understand that I will not receive any financial compensation for my involvement with Crescent City Talent Showcase. I acknowledge that Producer shall own all rights in and to the results and proceeds of my Performance, including without limitation the copyright therein. I hereby irrevocably assign to Producer any and all rights, title, and interest (including copyright) in and to the Performance, in all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the universe. I expressly release Producer and its agents and attorneys from, and agree not to sue in law or equity for, any and all claims I have or may have for defamation, invasion of privacy, personality or publicity, or any other cause of action arising out of or in connection with the production, distribution or exhibition of the film project or the exercise of any right granted herein. I am either over 18 years of age or have obtained permission from my legal guardian.